Sunday, September 9 | 10 a.m.
Outdoor Baptism Service + Lunch + Games on the Lawn
Baptism is a significant step of obedience in the life of a believer as they make their faith a public declaration. When a follower of Jesus is baptized they are publicly proclaiming to family and friends that they are all in for Jesus. Because of this, we want to celebrate those taking this next step with their entire church family!
Things to remember:
– This celebration takes the place of our typical Sunday service
– Enjoy a meal from food trucks or bring your own picnic lunch
– Don’t forget lawn chairs or blankets
Ready to be Baptized?
Baptism is an outward expression of an inward confession of a relationship with Jesus Christ and we are excited for you to take this next step! In order to be baptized, you need to attend a baptism class or have an individual meeting with a pastor or elder.
– Sun, Aug. 26 @ 12:30 p.m. (Room 147) Lunch & Childcare provided
– Tues, Aug. 28 at 6:30 p.m. (Room 204)
If you have any questions, read our FAQS or contact April Forster.
Children Wanting to be Baptized
Children who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior and who understand the meaning and purpose of baptism are welcome to be baptized. Our church has a two-step process:
1. Read our “Discovering Baptism ” booklet or pick it up at the Tiki Hut read and discuss it with your child, to make sure that your child understands the meaning and purpose of baptism.
2. If you believe that your child is ready to be baptized, please schedule an interview with Pastor Terry. The church does not have any minimum age requirement for children being baptized, but since a person is only baptized once in life, it is strongly recommended that children wait until they are old enough to experience the impact and remembrance of the event. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Pastor Terry.
Looking to Serve at the Baptism Celebration?
We want to involve our church family at this celebration!
– Parking Attendants
– Welcome Tent
– Registration Desk
– Media Team
– Clean-Up Crew