Junior High Student Ministry
Sunday Mornings / 10:45 a.m.-Noon
Graduating 6th graders start attending Sunday morning student ministry on June 25th!
On Sunday mornings, students gather in the student café between services (10:15-10:45 a.m.) to connect, play games and buy snacks. Around 10:45 a.m., we move into Room 226 for a combined opening and then Junior High students go to room A212 for Bible teaching.
Sunday Nights | 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Our Sunday night Junior High program rotates through large group gatherings, LifeGroup nights and leader meetings every fifth week (no student program that night.)
Large Group Gathering > The night starts with open gym & café where students and leaders can connect. Then the rest of the night features group games, worship, teaching, and discussion.
LifeGroup Nights > Leaders plan these nights at various locations, including students’ homes, the church and off-site venues (like SkyZone, service projects, etc.)
Our Sunday night Junior High program revolves around our LifeGroups because they play a vital role in helping students experience belonging and discipleship with consistent leaders each week. LifeGroups generally include 10-15 students and 2-3 leaders. Starting in September, all the incoming 7th-grade guys will meet as one LifeGroup and all the 7th-grade girls will meet as one LifeGroup. Then, based on group size and leader team input, we may divide them into smaller groups as the school year progresses. To join a LifeGroup, fill out this form.
We Need Parents!
There are many opportunities for parents to be involved—in a role that fits your personality, talents, and availability. Following are a few ideas of where you could serve.
• LifeGroup Leader | Lead or assist the leader in a LifeGroup
• Home Host | Offer to host your student’s LifeGroup in your home
• Welcome Kiosk | Coordinate or assist with a Sunday night welcome & check-in kiosk
• Agios Challenge | We need an army of volunteers to pull-off this fall student ministry kick-off HUGE event!
• Student Cafe | Help run the café on a Sunday morning or evening
• Logistics Assistant | Help with food, supplies, bonfire or clean-up for a Sunday night event
• Event Check-in | Help at the check-in table for a retreat or special event
• Tech & Worship | Help coordinate or train students in tech or worship
Please contact April Forster to get involved!
Summer QT (Quiet Time Program)
All Jr High students, parents and leaders are invited to work through the same devotional book each day wherever you are this summer! Starts right after Harvey Cedars. We also gather on Wednesdays 9-10am for donuts and devotions! Go to the Jr High page on the church website for more details.
To stay in the loop, visit the “For Parents” page.