Upward Sports at West Shore Free Church
The purpose of Upward Sports at West Shore Free Church is to provide a fun, non-competitive sports experience were children learn the sport, increase their athletic abilities, practice teamwork and good sportsmanship, and grow in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
All practices and games will be held at our flag football fields on the south end of our campus. For the first practice at which players will meet their teams and receive their equipment, please meet at the pavilion adjacent to the fields, not at the church.
In case of bad weather, we will move flag football practices for 1-3 graders to the gym. 4-6 graders will not meet. If in doubt about whether we are holding Saturday games, please check our church homepage or call the church at 717-620-2330, option 5. Cancellation decisions for games will be made by 7:30 a.m. Saturday.
It is imperative that we all work together to keep everyone healthy so we can enjoy a complete season. To do so, please observe our COVID-19 polices and Wellness Standards:
- Parents are required to check the Wellness Standards prior to each practice and game and keep their children home if they have any of the listed symptoms.
- Coaches and Upward staff will make sure players maintain social distancing as much as feasible, so masks are not required.
- Players must bring their own water bottles and not share them. If teams want team snacks, only pre-packaged snacks are permitted.
- Hand sanitizer will be used during practices and after every game period.
- Except for physical contact associated with playing flag football, physical contact between players will be limited as much as feasible, including end-of-game “high fives.”
- Spectators can sit together in parties but must socially distance themselves around the fields by maintaining a 6-foot distance from other parties. By maintaining social distancing, they are not required to wear masks.
For the health and well-being of all the children in Upward Sports, we ask that you keep your child at home if you suspect any of the following signs of illness:
- Fever within the last 24 hours
- Sore throat
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Runny nose with colored discharge
- Head lice
- Any skin infection or unexplained rash
- Pink eye or ear infection
- Irritability, lethargy, persistent crying, or difficulty breathing
The AROMA Mini-Camp
Sat, Oct. 24 @ 1-4 p.m..
Things are a little different this year. Since we cannot meet inside in such a large group, we are celebrating with an AROMA sports mini-camp from 1-4 and then the Award Ceremony from 4-4:30. Please register by October 19 so we can waive the $25 camp fee. The mini-camp is open for all boys and girls in grades 1-6 so invite your friends to join you (they can leave before the Upward Awards).
For more information about AROMA’s program click here.